Of course, we had to end our last night in Europe with a Michelin-starred meal! Marchal is located inside the beautiful and historic Hotel D’Angleterre, a five-star luxury resort in downtown Copenhagen. From appetizers to desserts, Chef Andreas Bagh prepared dishes that were as stunning as the French restaurant itself. We started our tasting menu with truffle puffs – no, it’s not a Harry Potter house, it’s a puff pastry bite filled with cheese and topped with a fresh truffle! Perhaps my favorite dish, however, was what I nicknamed the “fancy corndog” – a beef tenderloin wrapped in brioche, topped with fried bone marrow, and fresh shaved truffles. Our trip ended on a sweet note (literally) with a soufflé topped with elderflower ice cream. As you know, I love all things floral, so this ice cream flavor was right up my alley. See the full menu and pictures below!
September 2, 2017 menu:
1. Truffle puffs
3. Norwegian scallops
4. Squid, oyster butter, champagne foam, caviar
5. Sweetbreads with chanterelles
6. Beef tenderloin wrapped in brioche, topped with fried bone marrow, and fresh shaved truffles, served with parsley puree and mashed potatoes
7. Strawberry tart with white chocolate
8. Soufflé with elderflower ice cream
Looking for more restaurants in Copenhagen? Click here!