In case you missed it, Carnivorr has left the building. By "building," I mean my sweet Brooklyn apartment, and by "sweet" I mean the window-less closet of a room I called home for the last year. But hey, I had some good times there! I will miss New York tremendously, but I felt it was time to come check in on California, as well as do some traveling abroad. Expand my horizons, see the world, fully embrace being in my twenties, yadda yadda. I've got the travel bug.
There's a lot of things I won't miss about New York (ridiculous rent prices, subway rats, etc.) but there's a ton of things it breaks my heart to say goodbye to, even temporarily. ("Nothing is permanent," she reminds herself!) I spent my last few weeks in NYC packing, saying goodbye to my friends, and visiting my favorite places. 95% of those places may have been restaurants. Hey, I had to say goodbye to my favorite foods too!
Without further ado, here's my NYC food bucket list (aka my favorite restaurants in New York):
- Absolute Bagels – The best bagels in the whole world.
- Ample Hills – If you haven’t had their “Munchies” flavor, go. Run. Now. Trust me.
- Dos Toros – The best fast-casual, Mexican food on the East Coast. I’ll miss these burritos.
- Emily – The Emmy Burger is absolutely my favorite food I've ever eaten.
- Greecologies – My favorite NY coffee shop with the best chai latte ever.
- Ichiran – I didn’t use to like ramen before I tried Ichiran. Life-changing.
- Levain Bakery – Duh.
- Momofuku Milk Bar – I’m obsessed with the Cereal Milk Soft Serve. Obsessed.
- Morgenstern’s Ice Cream – I like to make a “PB & J” by ordering one scoop of their Peanut Butter and one scoop of their Strawberry Balsamic!
- Prince St. Pizza – NYC's best slice is the pepperoni at Prince. Dude.
- Roberta’s – My favorite NY pizza! Get the Bee Sting.
- Rosemary’s – Burrata. Homemade Focaccia. Wine. ‘Nuff said.
- Sunday in Brooklyn – Get the maple biscuit!!!
Okay just writing this list down made me sad and now I'm craving New York food. Brb planning a trip back to NYC ASAP.