I finally made it to Providence, the delicious seafood-centric tasting menu from Chef Michael Cimarusti. Providence was ranked #2 on Jonathan Gold's 101 Best Restaurants this year, and reigned as #1 on the list from 2013-2016. It’s clear why Providence is an LA institution: this restaurant offers wonderfully inventive seafood dishes, impeccable service, and an absolutely stunning space. And it’s full of so much history - so many top LA chefs got their start in this kitchen.
See the full menu and pictures from Providence below!
December 21, 2017 tasting menu:
1. first bites
2. west coast natives: cucumber, pear, macadamia
3. abalone: sunchoke, foie, hazelnut, nori
4. nancy's day boat sea scallop: shiitake, turnip
5. vermilion rockfish: eggplant, snap peas, shiso
6. swordfish: black truffle crust, cauliflower, pancetta
7. liberty farms duck: tahitian squash, savoy cabbage
8. quince, cranberry
9. satsuma-imo, yuzu, creme fraiche
Watch my full review of Providence here!
...100 DOWN, 1 TO GO!
Looking for more in-depth reviews of each restaurant? Watch full restaurant recaps on my new Youtube channel!